An embroidery machine is a very useful tool when it comes to designing patterns on textiles. Most of the craft works on apparels and other textile products are done with the latest embroidery machines available today. Embroidery is commercial used in branding of products, logo embossment in uniforms and corporate advertisement. Apart from that there are several freelance designers who use embroidery machine for creating personal sewing projects. However, most of the embroidery work is now done with the help of modern computerized machines, wherein the process is automatically controlled by the machine and stored designs.
With online shopping being a rising trend among people worldwide, it is indeed very easy to find an embroidery machine. However, one must understand the specifications of the product and research on its features before investing on an embroidery machine. Here we take a look at a few of the most popular and top-selling embroidery machine models.
- Singer Futura XL-550 Computerized Sewing & Embroidery Machine: Singer is an extremely popular brand for manufacturing the best sewing products, and this particular version of its Futura brand of products integrates technology and easy-of-use to the highest level. This product eliminates the need to have multiple sewing products for different requirements as it can handle a variety of sewing and embroidery functions. Setting up the product is virtually effortless as the product comes with the latest “SwiftSmart” threading system, where you can load and change the bobbin thread without needing to pick the bobbin up. Additionally, the thread cutter detaches the top and the bobbin thread on the press of the button, thereby saving your time when you use it for the next time.
The large embroidery hoop option lets you create designs up to a dimension of 12 by 20 inches, and has about 215 sewing stiches built in. Along with two automatic button holes, it also has 125 integrated embroidery designs that supports five fonts and outline lettering.
The best feature about this product is that it allows you to connect to your personal computer through an USB cable and lets you design textiles with the help of their built-in software application. The machine is compatible with almost all known design file formats such as SEW, PSW and others.
The machine has six built-in LED sewing space lights which illuminate the sewing area adequately for better viewing. The light bulbs used for this lighting system can last for more than 100,000 hours and is always cool enough to touch, thereby avoiding accidents of any kind. There are several other features packed in XL-550 such as a design browser containing a large variety of designs, 3D views and print functionalities, automatic updates for the software applications, beginner tutorials, four design transmission modes and many more. This product comes with a 25 year warranty period, which includes a 5 year warranty on the electronic components and a year warranty on the adjustments.
- Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine: This revolutionary product from Brother makes embroidery look extremely easy through its sophisticated design and integration of technology. It offers an embroidery field of 5 inch by 7 inch, and lets you store more than a thousand embroidery design on the machine with the help of a built-in USD Flash drive port. The LCD touch screen allows you to create embroidery products such as blankets, table covers, pillows and many others with supreme ease. PE 770 is known to provide an amazing speed of 650 stitches in a minute, and yet produce a very precise and crisp design. The function panel located conveniently provides several features like programmed thread trimming, start or stop facility and needle up or down facility. Installing a bobbin in this machine is extremely simplified as you just need to drop in the bobbin in the direction provided by an arrow. Additionally, PE 770 provides about 136 embroidery designs and 6 built-in fonts, which makes embroidery extremely easy to master.
PE 770 comes with an additional embroidery slot so that one can make use of the stitch designs available in Brother Embroidery cards. These electronic cards, which are available for purchase separately, opens up the possibility to access almost unlimited designs for your personal and professional use. Moreover, this machine offers the latest design editing features that includes the ability to rotate, enhance or reduce size of the designs, mirror-image on the LCD screen before you can implement it on the textile. The power-packed PE 770 machine comes with a range of several add-on products such as screw drivers, spool caps, scissors, and reference materials and provides a limited warranty of 25 years.
- Singer Futura XL-400 Computerized Sewing & Embroidery Machine: XL-400 is another of Singer’s revolutionary sewing products under the Futura brand. XL-400 provides most of the features associated with the Futura brand, such as “Drop and Sew Bobbin” system, multiple hoop facility, StayBright LED lighting system and programmable control system. There are 125 embroidery designs available with the product, apart from 5 fonts for monogramming and a couple of 1-step button holes.
With a large embroidery field, XL-400 provides the capability of undertaking large sewing and embroidery projects up to 12-by-20 inch projects. This makes it the ideal product for designing table covers, bed-sheets, dresses and other textile products. The LED lights also provide a highly illuminated viewing area that makes working for long periods of time easier.
Singer XL-400 provides the ability to design embroidery products by connecting the machine with a personal computer. The embedded software in the sewing product helps you design the products with complete precision and controls the quality of the designs. A personal computer with 1 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM and the latest Windows operating system is all you need to get started with designing high-quality embroidery products.
The product comes with a huge range of accessories that help you with the overhead tasks of sewing and embroidering. Two embroidery hoops, of dimensions 10-by-6 inch and 4-by-4 inch provide you the capability to design multiple hoop designs up to 18.5-by-11 inch. Other accessories include an all-purpose foot along with several specific functionality foot such as zipper foot, embroidery foot, satin stitch foot and blind hem foot. Utilities such as a screw driver, lint brush, scissors, USB cable (to connect to your PC) are also included in the package. The device is supported by a limited warranty of 25 years, which covers the basic components.
- Brother CS6000i: This versatile product from Brother caters to a variety of quilting and sewing requirements, and comes packed with several features that make it a value for money. The LCD display on the machine helps you configure the stitch along with its length and width, while the stop/start facility can be accessed without the need for a foot control. The top drop-in bobbin system makes it extremely easy to access the bobbin thread and prevents any kind of jamming in the system. CS6000i comes with a 25 year limited support and a free telephonic support for the entire life of the embroidery machine.
- Brother 1034D: The 1034D embroidery machine is a high-performance tool for professionals and is specially designed to handle extremely fine edge finishes. The 3 or 4 thread serger can be used on a varied range of textiles including linens, knits and formals. The machine comes with 22 built-in stitch functions along with 3/4 thread overlock. The ribbon lock stitches and rolled hem makes it the ideal machine for bridal wears and home décor items. The product comes with instructional videos and printed manual, which makes it extremely easy to use. However, it is recommended to be used only in countries that support a 120V AC current, as because it is designed to work only under such voltage conditions.
- Singer 7258: This is a multi-purpose, feature-filled product from Singer which facilitates crafting, quilting, and sewing apart from embroidering. It has 100 built-in stitches, 10 presser feet and automatic needle threading system that makes it suitable for a variety of functions. The in-built LCD system helps you adjust the stitch length and width automatically, while the auto-pilot mode makes the foot pedal non-mandatory. Moreover, the top load-in bobbin thread system and the automatic bobbin winding makes it very easy to load and get started with the designs. It has a heavy metal frame, which ensures that the machine stays static while sewing.
- Brother XL2600I: This embroidery machine is perfect for beginners as it provides the free-arm sewing facility and 25 pre-loaded stitches. Designed to handle normal, everyday sewing projects, XL2600I includes a thread cutter, a needle threader, a drop-in bobbin loader and automatic winding of bobbin. Additionally, the machine also has 1-step button holer that can be sized automatically. The foot pedal helps the machine operate at 110 volts as it is designed for countries that support 120V AC electricity. Apart from providing a limited warranty for 25 years, XL2600I comes with a lifetime free phone support and a bilingual instruction manual.
- Brother SE400: This fully computerized embroidery machine enables you to work on a variety of projects by providing 4-by-4 inch embroidery capabilities. There are 67 sewing stitches and 98 functions that come with the product which makes it capable of providing high-end touch to your products while being absolutely affordable. There are more than 70 in-built designs, 5 monogramming fonts and 120 patterns to choose for your projects with the additional capability of importing designs from your personal computer. The machine is compatible with most fabric types and can be used to embroider home décor items, apparels and corporate textile products.
- Singer 4411 Heavy Duty Sewing machine: Singer 4411 is a high-performance embroidery tool that provides an impressive speed of 1100 stitches in a minute, making it ideal for professional crafts and sewing jobs. The interior frame of the machine is made of metal, which provides it stability so as to prevent any skips while sewing. Moreover, the bed plate is made of stainless steel in order to provide a smooth finish and even sewing. There are around 11 in-built stitches with adjustable dimensions and a 4-step button hole to ease the process of sewing and embroidering.